December 2011 - Present (1 years 5 months)
• Onshore & Offshore (India) ScrumMaster & Agile Coach responsible for running Lexis Nexis UK projects and helping the organisation transition from Waterfall to Agile practices.
• Removed blockers (at project and organizational level) affecting the teams’ progress. Nurtured the team in making their own decisions and removing blockers that fall within their sphere of influence.
• Organised and facilitated release planning meetings (using relative story points to estimate story sizes), sprint planning meetings (tasks estimated in hours using planning poker), daily stand ups (emphasis on sharing information as opposed to reporting progress), review meetings (demonstrating functional software to PO and getting sign off based on agreed definition of ‘Done’) and end of sprint retrospectives
• Produced and maintained release plans, burndown charts, burnup charts and velocity reports, making them transparent to all project stakeholders, keeping them updated on the functional features they can expect to receive within the project time and cost constraints
• Empowered the development team to self-organise by pushing back on requirements introduced mid sprint, and protecting them from external disruptions
• Improved the Product Owners effectiveness by helping them prioritise and maintain the product backlog, emphasizing the implications of technical debt and how to avoid it
• Nurtured, coached and mentored geographically dispersed cross-functional team in the use of agile practices, switching from Scrum to ScrumBan in response to emerging business threats when they surfaced
• Introduced electronic task boards and information radiators, making project progress immediately visible to all project stakeholders
• Introduced and facilitated the use of story-mapping techniques for gathering user requirements and creating the initial product backlog during Sprint 0
• Researched and shared latest agile thinking through workshops, presentations, group discussions, individual mentoring and company intranet
CEO & Founder
May 2011 - Present (2 years )
Agile TV (http://agiletv.co.uk) is where ‘Agile Newbies’ and ‘Seasoned Agilists’ go to find the latest real life, experienced based agile information.
Packed with easy-to-digest videos, blogs and interviews with agile thought leaders, at Agile TV you will find pratical agile tips, tools and resources that will make a significant difference to your project outcomes.
For more information and free agile resources, visit: http://agiletv.co.uk/